Wednesday, July 6, 2011

July 6 2011 The first entry

My first entry....Why am I blogging??? I don't Know really.. just thought I would give it a try and see where it goes.. I don't think anybody can get hurt... Well it's July 6th 2011 and I am just about sick and tired of this heat and drought...  I haven't complained much about it as I realize I can't do much about it.. Beside in my professions I hear about it all day long.. That's right I said professions.. I have two.. I sell farm equipment at my father dealership and I also am a partner in a crop insurance agency.. So I hear about the weather all day as it effect my customer base immensely.. Other thing I like to do, spend time with my family, kids are growing up so fast one will be five and the other will eight this month. I also enjoy riding motorcycles, I have two and 2004 BMW 1150gs (just got in January) and a 1991 Harley sportster 883 (just got in June)(trade my 1979 kz1000st for the Harley)(I am gonna miss the KZ1000st, she was my first bike).Ever see that Subaru commercial where the guy goes to his class reunion and see his old girl friend and then goes home and smiles at the Subaru they use to date in... I'll bet he smiling about the Sabaru... yea right!!! I love the song on that commercial link to song  I try to ride as much as possible.. It's on my bucket list to ride 100 days per year.. I told a friend that the other day and he asked what will you do when you accomplish that? I guess he thought I was going to say some thing like "throw a party" but i replied.. " try to ride 150 days per year...LOL,,, BTW if you follow this blog you will find out that I like to LOL.. life is to short not LOL a few time a day... LOL .. oops i did it again..  So far this year I am at 39 days and 2400 miles. Oh another thing I like to do is E-Bay.. I just scored a pair of Joe rocket riding pants for $36.00 including shipping .. yes they are slightly used but when your talking about a  $150++ pair of pants your just gonna get dirty any way, used is the way to go.. I also recently scored as set of TourTech Tank Panniers for under half price.. I am accumulating gear for a trip I am planning to take on my BMW at the end of this month..(another bucket list thing) I am going to ride from Plainview Tx to Indianapolis Indiana for a dealer meeting.. It should be about 1100 miles oneway. I'll blog along the way and post some pictures too.. Well thats enough for tonight.. Future blog topic's &  ideas..
  • Trip to Indiana preparation and the actual trip..
  • I am the District Chair person For Vocational Service For Rotary District 5730
  • I am having an MRI tomorrow morning for a shoulder injury I have.
  • I will be getting new insulin pump in August with all kinds of new feature over my old that is 4 years old.
  • Rotary things
  • Living In Plainview
  • The bucket list and why I have one and why you should too..
  • Fav web sites  besides E-Bay
  • ?

No comments:

Post a Comment